Tuesday, August 20, 2013

World's Finest # 116, March, 1961


Swan starts inside this time. I've always really liked Curt's version of Batman.


This story features an alien who turns out to be a reformed earth criminal. In the end, he's left as a possible but unlikely ally for the Superman/Batman team going forward. I don't think he was ever mentioned again. 






 They really pushed Rip Hunter and he had a fairly healthy run but he was never really popular.




Notice that they were really pushing the ten cent price point. Comics had been steadily losing pages for 25 years but maintaining that price. That was soon to change.






1 comment:

  1. I think of Swan's Superman as the definitive version. When I think of Superman, in my mind he looks like Curt Swan drew him.

    ReplyDelete