Saturday, December 14, 2013

World's Finest # 232, September, 1975


Yesterday, I had to take my wife in to set up a sleep study. Ironically, that's what Batman and Superman are doing in today's story, one of those that occurred whilst their progeny were off "finding themselves" I suppose.



This guy's name is Chang-Shi. This was published nearly two years after Marvel's SHANG-CHI! No relation. DC creators, as we all know, never ever read Marvel.








I lose track but if I recall correctly, none of the 4 parts of the series advertised below ever showed up.



Ditko only did one issue but it was his only time drawing Batman--who guest-starred-- in a story!





2 comments:

  1. The King Arthur series never appeared, but I've never been able to find out why. I was looking forward to reading it and wonder how far they got with producing it.

    I don't remember the Code Name: Assassin series at all, just a one-shot in DC's First Issue Special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad that King Arthur wasn't published (though the giant-sized Bible comic was). Before comics' "British Invasion" of the '80s, DC took advantage of the "Filipino Invasion" of the '70s, with phenomenal artists like Alcala, Redondo, Talaoc, et al.

    ReplyDelete